This notice contains important information concerning the pay tv (cable television) and other broadband services that Gibson Connect, LLC (“Gibson Connect”) provides. We provide this notice as a service to our customers and in accordance with applicable federal law and FCC regulations. It is important to us that you are informed about the services we provide, our policies and procedures and your rights as a customer. We encourage you to review the following information and contact us at 731-562-6000.
YOUR PRIVACY AS A GIBSON CONNECT CUSTOMER
As a customer of Gibson Connect, you are entitled to know what we do with personal information about you that we receive. We consider our treatment of such information to be a part of the trust you place in us by using our pay tv (cable television), broadband internet and telephone services. We keep only the personal information of our customers that is needed to provide our services; treat it as private, use it only for what we offer you, do not sell it to others, work to keep it secure, and destroy it when no longer needed.
Gibson Connect takes the privacy of our customers very seriously. Section 631 of the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984, as amended, (the “Cable Act”) provides certain protections to you, as a subscriber to Gibson Connect’s pay tv (cable service) or other services, and requires that Gibson Connect disclose to you the following:
- The limitations imposed on Gibson Connect in its collection and disclosure of personally identifiable information about you;
- The type of personally identifiable information we collect;
- How we use your personally identifiable information;
- Under what circumstances we may disclose your personally identifiable information and to whom;
- The period during which we maintain your personally identifiable information; and
- How you may access your personally identifiable information.
In addition, Section 222 of the Communications Act, as amended, provides privacy protections for certain information related to Gibson Connect’s telephone and broadband Internet access services:
- Information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of your use of the phone and broadband Internet access service; and
- Information contained on your bill concerning the type of phone and broadband Internet access services and features you receive.
This information is known as customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”). Please carefully review the Gibson Connect CPNI Policy posted on our website www.gibsonconnect.com.
Personally identifiable subscriber information; restrictions on access. To provide pay tv and other services, we collect and maintain personally identifiable information concerning customers. That information may include name, address, phone number, social security number, driver's license number, billing records, service maintenance and repair records, premium service subscription information, marketing information, and customer complaints. Except as indicated below under “Disclosure prohibited; exceptions” below, all personally identifiable information is used for the normal business purpose of offering and providing pay tv (cable television) service and other services to you. Only persons authorized by us may access this information. Persons authorized to access customer information include our employees and sales agents, billing and collections services, accountants, and other businesses that provide products and services to us. These persons may access customer information on a regular basis. We maintain certain customer information for as long as we provide service to a customer and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter. Other customer information is periodically destroyed.
Disclosure prohibited; exceptions. Federal law prohibits the disclosure of your personally identifiable subscriber information without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
Business activities. We may disclose customer information in order to conduct business activities related to providing pay tv (cable service) or other service.
Unauthorized reception of pay tv (cable service). We may disclose customer information in order to detect unauthorized reception of our pay tv (cable service).
Names and addresses to third parties. We may disclose names and addresses to third parties for the purposes of mailing lists, charities, and direct mail marketing, unless you notify us in writing that you do not wish us to disclose it. You may write us at any time with this request. No such disclosure may reveal directly or indirectly the pay tv (cable service)s you view or other transactions you make.
Court order. We must disclose personally identifiable information without your consent if we are required to do so by a court order. If we are served with a court order requiring disclosure or your cable information, we will promptly inform you before releasing any information. You will then have an opportunity to contest the order.
Law enforcement request. We may also disclose personally identifiable information without your consent when requested by law enforcement under certain circumstances.
Customer rights. As a customer, you may review your personal information maintained by us by contacting us and making an appointment to meet at our office during normal business hours. We will need a reasonable amount of time to collect the information and remove any references to other customers. You may request correction of any errors in personal information that we collect or maintain pertaining to you. You have the right under federal law to enforce your cable privacy rights through a civil action in federal district court.
Communications preferences/opt-out. Subscribers who do not wish to receive marketing materials, phone calls, emails or direct mail may notify Gibson Connect at any time. You may also prohibit our permitted disclosure of your information to third parties under the Cable Act (except as otherwise required by legal process or applicable law) by notifying us in writing. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications by telephone by notifying the calling party that you wish to opt-out or by following the automatic opt-out instructions on such a call. You may also opt-out of such calls by sending a request in writing to the address below.
Complaint procedures. At Gibson Connect, providing high-quality customer care and technical service is our top priority. We endeavor to resolve any complaints concerning pay tv (cable television) or other services as soon as possible. Please use the following procedures to help us resolve your complaints:
- Contact our Customer Service group at 731-562-6000. An answering service may take your message after our normal business hours.
- During our normal business hours, you may speak with a Customer Service Representative (CSR). Our CSR will attempt to determine the nature of the problem. If the problem cannot be resolved over the phone, the CSR will schedule a Service Technician to visit your home, usually by the next business day.
- If you do not call during our normal business hours, leave a complete message with the answering service. Please leave your name, address, work and home telephone numbers and a brief description of the nature of the problem. When possible, a Service Technician will be dispatched by the next business day to fix the problem. In other cases, the answering service will forward the message to our office, and we will contact you during normal business hours.
- Emergencies such as fallen trees or utility poles, violent storms or very cold weather may interfere with cable or other services. We promptly dispatch our crews to correct any emergency. Please keep in mind that some emergency situations may affect a large service area, and it may take several days to resume full service to the entire area.
- We maintain complaint records for at least one year. Those records are available for inspection by the applicable local franchise authority and the FCC during that time.
If a problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may write or call us with concerns or complaints. For pay tv (cable service) in Tennessee, you may also contact Gibson Connect’s franchise authority, the Tennessee Public Utility Commission, at 615-741-2904.
Services and Prices – Please contact us at 844-859-6767 or by visiting our offices or our website at www.gibsonconnect.c for information on services and prices including:
- Products and services offered
- Prices and options for subscribing to services
- Channel positions
- Installation and maintenance policies and prices
- Instructions for using our pay tv (cable service)
- Terms and conditions applicable to our broadband services
Smart tv and device compatibility. Receiving the Gibson Connect pay tv service requires that the customer provides its own device for reception of the signal (smart tv, Roku, Amazon Fire or similar). While Gibson Connect makes every effort to stay compatible with all such devices and older models of such devices, there is not guarantee of full compatibility. Gibson Connect will maintain a list of devices believed to be compatible at www.gibsonconnect.com.
UNAUTHORIZED RECEPTION OF PAY TV (CABLE SERVICE)
Federal and state laws make it a crime to receive, or assist another in receiving, any pay tv (cable service) without our express authorization. Violators face substantial criminal penalties including fines and imprisonment. In addition, we are entitled under the law to sue cable thieves in federal or state court and obtain injunctions and substantial damages. Reception of any pay tv (cable service) without our express authorization is prohibited.
HOW DO I CONTACT GIBSON CONNECT?
If you have any questions regarding this annual notice, or wish to contact us about your personal information, please visit us at one of our offices or contact us directly at:
Mail: 1207A South College Street, Trenton, TN 38382
Gibson Connect reserves the right to modify the policies set forth in this customer notice at any time. We will notify you of any material changes via written, electronic, or other means permitted by law, including by posting it on our website. If you find the changes unacceptable, you have the right to cancel the services you purchase from Gibson Connect. If you continue to use the services after receiving notice of such changes, we will consider that as your acceptance of the changes.
Effective January 1, 2019