The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program has arrived!
Gibson Connect is offering the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program, a temporary FCC program to help households struggling to pay for internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will help families with challenges such as working from home, distance learning, telehealth services, or simply connecting digitally with loved ones. This program provides a temporary monthly discount on internet service for qualifying households.
Please call 731-562-6000 and we'll be happy to answer your questions and help you get registered for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
*FREE 250 Mbps Internet - Blazing-fast internet access for email, web browsing, video streaming, and all your social media needs with equally fast uploads.
*$19.95 1 Gbps (1 Gig - 1,000 Mbps) Internet - Fastest internet available with speeds up to 100 times faster than DSL. Download HD movies in less than a minute.
What are the benefits?
- Discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households;
Are you eligible?
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers' existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
To determine if you qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, go to www.getemergencybroadband.org.
*Priced after Emergency Broadband Benefit Program discount is applied. The EBB is a temporary program that expires when funds are depleted or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) declares the end of the COVID-19 health emergency (whichever comes first).