Gibson Connect has a Tech Support 1 position open for our Trenton Member Service Center at 1207A S. College St., Trenton, TN.
This position schedules and confirms service appointments, resolves technical and non-technical customer problems/complaints, provides technical support for customers and employees, and coordinates setup and transfer of new telephone service to Gibson Connect.
The normal workweek is eight hours per day, five days a week. (Hours are expected to be from 11 AM until 8 PM, but may vary based on member need.)
A complete Position Description can be found here, at Jobs4TN.gov or on FocusTalent.ky.gov.
Qualified applicants must have:
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- One to two years of administrative experience
- One to two years in a customer service position
- Ability to effectively communicate with and courteously assist member-owners, other employees, and the public in person and by telephone
It is preferred that an applicant:
· Associates degree in technology or other related field of study. Directly related experience may be substituted for a portion of the education preference.
- Certifications or courses related to provisioning, technical services, information technology, and fiber/telecommunications
- Three to five years of administrative experience in telecom field
- Three to five years of experience in a telecom customer service position
- One to two years of experience in telecom technical support
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in writing
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, you can find the Application and voluntary Self-ID forms here.
Completed forms should be submitted by
1) emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org;
2) faxing to 731-562-0006,
3) mailing to Gibson Connect, ATTN: Human Resources, P.O. Box 47, Trenton, TN 38382, or
4) dropping off at your local Gibson EMC member service center.
Applications must be received by June 5, 2019.
Gibson Connect is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.